Skip to main content

Day 19

I have written about being thankful for my girlfriends already, but I would like to write specifically about my friend, Michelle.  Michelle and I were best friends in elementary school.  We ended up going to different middle and high schools so naturally, we drifted and each got new best friends.  Many years later we found each other on Facebook.  We decided to meet for lunch one day to talk about the past.  I was really nervous on the way to meet her.  What if we didn't really have anything to talk about?  What if we became two very different people?  There was a purpose and a reason why we found each other again.  What I didn't know on the way to meet Michelle or really even during lunch, is that God brought us back together again; not only to remember the past, but to build a future as close friends.  We had things in common as kids and have even more as adults.  Michelle and I only live 9 miles from each other.  Lexi and Michelle's oldest daughter are only 7 months apart.  Michelle is just as sweet, nurturing, and loving as she was in elementary school (and she still looks the same!).  She has the ability to make me laugh even when I am sad, makes me feel loved as a friend & a person, loves on Lexi like she is her own, and is one of the best listeners I have ever met.  I am so thankful for our friendship as little girls and our new friendship as adults that will last a lifetime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8

Sometimes when life seems hard, sad, or stressful, I like to just stop for a moment and find something happy or peaceful. This evening, Lexi and I were driving home and we noticed the beautiful sunset. I stopped so we could take a picture on my phone. When I look at the sky and it looks like this, it makes me think of the loved ones we have lost and are now in Heaven. Instead of feeling sadness, I feel comfort they are in their forever home in the arms of Jesus. I'm thankful to have to ability to remember and the faith to feel comfort. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Day 12

Today I am thankful for Apple.  Apple makes great technology.  Jason has been in Canada for almost a week and because of our iPads we were able to facetime with him!  Lexi gets a little shy when the conversation begins, but she quickly warms up and loves to talk and kiss him.  We love and miss him so much when he is traveling.  We are looking forward to the summer when he is home with us for a couple of months straight!!

kindergarten boxcar parade

Well, everyone was healthy until Lexi got the flu and I got pneumonia.  Needless to say, it's been a rough week...BUT, we are better again and for the most part back to normal.  Jason, Lexi and I all worked together on this and we think it turned out great!  All the boxcars were unique and wonderful!  The parade was wonderful...it should have been televised!!