Skip to main content

grandma mike's visit

Grandma Mike was here from Friday afternoon until this morning (Monday).  We had a wonderful time with her!  On Friday we went to dinner at a delicious bar-b-q restaurant by our apartment and then went for frozen custard.  On Saturday, we had lunch at a German restaurant and they played a song Gigi used to dance to at family parties!  After lunch we shopped for Lexi's school uniforms.  Grandma Mike bought some of Lexi's things and also a matching uniform for Nine (more pictures to come)!  After uniform shopping Grandma Mike and I got some adult girl time and headed to the Frisco Mercantile.  Saturday night we had dinner at home, watched a movie and played.  On Sunday, we had brunch in downtown McKinney, looked at houses, and had Mexican food for dinner.  We ate a lot, laughed non-stop, Lexi and Grandma Mike played and danced a ton, and overall, we had a perfect visit.  We were sad to see Grandma Mike leave this morning, but we are so thankful she came to spend time with us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8

Sometimes when life seems hard, sad, or stressful, I like to just stop for a moment and find something happy or peaceful. This evening, Lexi and I were driving home and we noticed the beautiful sunset. I stopped so we could take a picture on my phone. When I look at the sky and it looks like this, it makes me think of the loved ones we have lost and are now in Heaven. Instead of feeling sadness, I feel comfort they are in their forever home in the arms of Jesus. I'm thankful to have to ability to remember and the faith to feel comfort. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Day 12

Today I am thankful for Apple.  Apple makes great technology.  Jason has been in Canada for almost a week and because of our iPads we were able to facetime with him!  Lexi gets a little shy when the conversation begins, but she quickly warms up and loves to talk and kiss him.  We love and miss him so much when he is traveling.  We are looking forward to the summer when he is home with us for a couple of months straight!!

#eattherainbow

We have officially been eating clean since right after Christmas!  I have been working a lot in the kitchen preparing and cooking clean food.  Yesterday morning while standing at the kitchen counter drinking my tea, I had a vision for our breakfast nook.  We never eat at that table.  It is wasted space.  While we were iced in yesterday (crazy north Texas weather) Lexi and I made a rainbow for St. Patty's Day (and because we LOVE rainbows!).  Today I pulled out blankets, books, and picked up succulents at Trader Joe's.  I made raspberry, lemon and mint water and put out mason jars + straws (we drink a lot more water if it has fresh fruit in it!).  And...tada...here is our cozy + bright lil' breakfast nook.  I think it is already becoming my happy place.  :)