This morning Lexi said, "I can't wait until my next birthday." I said, "But then you will be 6 and that is too grown up for me." Lexi said, "Don't worry, mom. I will always love you...even when I am an adult and even when I am a teenager. I will always lie on your chest. I might be kind of heavy when I'm an adult, but I know you will still love it."
Sometimes when life seems hard, sad, or stressful, I like to just stop for a moment and find something happy or peaceful. This evening, Lexi and I were driving home and we noticed the beautiful sunset. I stopped so we could take a picture on my phone. When I look at the sky and it looks like this, it makes me think of the loved ones we have lost and are now in Heaven. Instead of feeling sadness, I feel comfort they are in their forever home in the arms of Jesus. I'm thankful to have to ability to remember and the faith to feel comfort. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Comments