6/25/09

Mia in Montreal for Father's Day

Sunday was Jason's first true Father's Day. Lexi and I surprised Jason by having the grass mowed for him and with the following pictures framed for his office. He loved the pics of his baby girl decked out in "Stars" gear. The jersey Lexi is wearing is the jersey Jason gave me on our wedding day.

On Father's Day Jason and I left for Montreal. Jason had to go for work so I joined him for a few days for our first adult vacation (with Mia) since we have been parents.

Jason has been away from Alexi overnight already due to work, but this was my first time. It was hard to leave (actually really hard to leave and a lot of tears), but once I was there I was okay. On Tuesday night (the night before I left Montreal) it was hard to sleep. I would close my eyes and invision walking in the front door and seeing Lexi for the first time. I felt like it was the night before her birth. I finally fell asleep and a couple hours later the alarm sounded and it was time to go to the airport! I tried to sleep on the plane, but was only able to sleep for about 20 minutes. I packed lightly so I didn't have to wait for my bags after we landed. We landed 15 minutes early and I was so excited to get off the plane, but we had to wait for another plane to leave our gate so we waited...and waited...and waited...for 45 minutes! I was jumping out of my skin to get off that plane. Mimi picked me up and drove me to my sweet baby girl. Grandma Mike and Great Grandma were at our house taking care of Lexi. She was on the floor playing when I walked in the front door. Tears came to my eyes as I picked her up, kissed her non-stop, and held her close. I missed her so much and can't believe how much she changed in just a short few days!

Since Jason and I left of Father's Day we celebrated with PawPaw the week before. We had a great time with the Walsh family sitting outside, playing in the pool, and eating wonderful food!



No comments: