7/23/09

"Pick your battles"

I always hear parents say, "You pick your battles."  I have always agreed to this, but never fully understood it.  Well, yesterday Jason and I both completely understood why so many people say the phrase.  Lexi decided she wanted absolutely nothing to do with dinner.  No green beans, no carrots, no oatmeal, no tofu...in fact; it was more than just not wanting it, she basically threw a tantrum.  She screamed like she had broken a bone while I was trying to put her in the highchair. Once I finally got her sitting down her face was bright red, arms shaking, and tears falling.  I pulled out the sweet potato puffs and she stopped.  Everything stopped.  She reached her little fingers out, grabbed a puff and ate it.  She won.  She ate sweet potato puffs for dinner.  We'll try again tomorrow.  

No comments: