10/28/10

Milk

The milk I bought today has an expiration date of 11.11.10. Two years ago I loved seeing things like this or movie advertisements where the movie premiered after Lexi's birthday.  I loved it because I was excited. I was so anxious to hold her in my arms.  I just wanted to fast forward to 11.11.08.

Two years later it is a different story.  Tears filled my eyes as I saw the date on the milk carton today.  Lexi was in Mother's Day Out while I was shopping.  I felt the need just like I did two years ago to hold her in my arms.  When I picked her up from school today she was eating fruit snacks from their fall festival.  Fruit snacks.  Where did the time go?  How is my baby able to understand Halloween, say "Trick or treat" and eat fruit snacks?  

I have been looking at Lexi's photos from the past 2 years. I remember each phase and stage, but I wish I could have a vault of all her smells, noises, and the way she felt when I held her.  Looking at the toothless smiles and the almost bald head remind me of the times I said I couldn't wait.  I couldn't wait to put her hair in pig tails, I couldn't wait for her first tooth.  I realized today when starring at the milk that it does go by too fast, just like everyone says.  Her first birthday seems like yesterday.  7:04 PM on 11.11.08 seems like just two days ago.  

No comments: