1/27/14

dearest lexi,

every night when i say goodnight to you i feel a little emotional.  i say my prayers of thanksgiving for you and thank god for granting another perfect day on earth with you.  tonight, daddy is working a home game so you went to sleep in our bed.  i just came in and became a little more emotional than usual.  maybe it's because i talked with a group of moms today about kindergarten registration.  maybe it's because your lips still look like a baby and your hands are so gently placed under your left cheek.  maybe it's because you no longer have dimples in your hands where your knuckles are.  maybe it's because your heart is so pure and your mind is only filled with things that matter.  i don't write directly to you often, but tonight i want to.  i am sitting next to you as you sleep in our bed with my computer on my lap.  today you told me you were going to tell me something that would make me cry happy tears.  you said you love me more than anyone else does and you think i am the best mom out there.  although i thought it was beyond sweet, i didn't cry.  instead i kissed you and continued on with eating dinner, cleaning up the kitchen, and doing laundry.  now that it is silent and i can only hear you breathe and the keys on my keyboard i am shedding happy tears.  my heart is so incredibly filled because of your existence.  you light up the room when you walk in.  you light up my heart, my eyes, my whole being.  i pray you always stay pure and your heart will always pour out love and kindness.  i love you.  i love you more than you will ever know.  you are my sunshine, sweet lexi.  thank you for loving me and providing me with happy tears each day for over five years.

love,
mom


No comments: