5/13/14

mom's day 2014

Mother's Day was once again amazing.  I was up having tea when Lexi woke up.  She came into the kitchen and the first thing she said with her little sleepy voice and a soft hug around my thighs was, "Happy Mother's Day."  Later that morning I said to Lexi, "Thank you for making me a mom."  Lexi replied, "Don't thank me.  Thank God.  He is the one who made you a mom."  She is so wise at 5.

One of my favorite gifts.  A picture of Lexi and me:

Jason and Lexi made this for me too (eek!  I love it!!):


Jason went way overboard with gifts once again, but I adore this recipe book he secretly bought for me while we were shopping on Saturday.  I am going to hand write our favorite recipes in this book and pass it on to Lexi when she is an adult.


Lexi picked out this Barbie card for me and it even had a fabulous mom sticker that I wore all day!


We had the Walsh family over for brunch to celebrate Mother's Day and Aunt Sarah's birthday.  We ate outside, laughed, talked, and snuggled Mr. Luke.  It was a perfect day and next weekend we are going to celebrate Mother's Day and Aunt Kim's birthday in Houston.

Sunday wasn't just Mother's Day.  It was also Lexi's half birthday.  She is SO excited to be five and a HALF!!  So, in honor of her half birthday I let her jump on the bed after bath time.


When I tucked Lexi into bed that night I thank her for everything and for being the best daughter in the whole wide world.  Lexi said, "You outshine them all" (that's what the says that she picked out for me).  I smiled, gave her another kiss and then she asked, "What does 'outshine' mean?"  Hahahaha!  She then said, "I wish everyday could be Mother's Day.  Let's have another Mother's Day tomorrow."  Every single day is Mother's Day to me because I am so incredibly blessed to be the woman chosen to be Lexi's mom.  I am also extremely grateful for my mother, my mother-in-law, my sister moms and all of my mom friends who love and support me at all times.  I believe I have the best bunch of moms in the entire world and I am the person I am today because of them.  I honestly don't know how/why I am so lucky.


Oh, and Lexi picked out this specific dress for Mother's Day because "it has hearts on it and I love my mom."

Blessed.  Truly blessed.

No comments: