Skip to main content

Christmas 2010

This Christmas the best present was Chip's homecoming. He has served over 6 years in the Army and now is home...for good!  He is still continuing his career as an Army Reserve, but he is home and this Christmas was truly one of the best for that reason.

Our Christmas schedule was hectic as usual.  On December 19th, Lexi and I drove to Houston.  Thankfully the Ratcliff's offered to keep Andie for us.  On the 20th, Chip arrived.  His flight was late so the kids had to stay home.  The plan was for us all to go to the airport, but a 9:35 PM arrival time did not allow that.  So, mom, Kim, Chip's good friend, Emile and I went to the airport to pick him up.  We had the camera ready, the flip camera was on and we waited.  And waited.  And waited.  Finally mom's phone rang and it was Chip.  He was waiting for us in baggage...we were waiting by security!  Needless to say, it was not as eventful as we had pictured, but he made it and we were delighted to see him.

The next few days flew by and Jason flew down to Houston on Christmas Eve morning.  We did some things around the house, went to church, went back to my mom's, had our Christmas Eve dinner, and opened presents.  The next morning we packed up the car (it was a tight fit) and drove home.  Jason and Lexi stayed at the front door while I got the camera ready just in case Santa left something under the tree for Lexi.  And, Santa sure did!  He brought her the pink vacuum cleaner (just like ours) she had been asking for!  We were able to sneak in a few minutes to give Lexi her Christmas gifts from us.  Next, back in the car to drive to Coppell for the Walsh family Christmas.  As soon as we got there we opened more presents, ate dinner, and drove back to McKinney.  Lexi was not feeling 100%, but she was very thankful for all the wonderful gifts she received.

Things we will always remember about Christmas 2010:
-Chip's homecoming
-Lexi's favorite movie was "Christmas Monkey."
-Lexi's favorite song was "Christmas Monkey."
-Lexi loved Santa.  She loved him so much we bought a blow up Santa for the yard.
-Lexi wanted to kiss the yard Santa every chance she got.
-She actually started to kiss every Santa (not the real one).
-She liked to kiss the reindeer in our yard.
-She also liked to kiss the individual lights on the ground in the yard.
-Lexi loved the Christmas tree and lights.
-Lexi loved to wear her Santa hat.
-She requested I take her picture in front of all the decorations in the house.
-She spoiled the gift she made Jason and I at school.








Comments

Anonymous said…
So proud of your brother!!! Such a wonderful Christmas! Love you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8

Sometimes when life seems hard, sad, or stressful, I like to just stop for a moment and find something happy or peaceful. This evening, Lexi and I were driving home and we noticed the beautiful sunset. I stopped so we could take a picture on my phone. When I look at the sky and it looks like this, it makes me think of the loved ones we have lost and are now in Heaven. Instead of feeling sadness, I feel comfort they are in their forever home in the arms of Jesus. I'm thankful to have to ability to remember and the faith to feel comfort. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Day 12

Today I am thankful for Apple.  Apple makes great technology.  Jason has been in Canada for almost a week and because of our iPads we were able to facetime with him!  Lexi gets a little shy when the conversation begins, but she quickly warms up and loves to talk and kiss him.  We love and miss him so much when he is traveling.  We are looking forward to the summer when he is home with us for a couple of months straight!!

#eattherainbow

We have officially been eating clean since right after Christmas!  I have been working a lot in the kitchen preparing and cooking clean food.  Yesterday morning while standing at the kitchen counter drinking my tea, I had a vision for our breakfast nook.  We never eat at that table.  It is wasted space.  While we were iced in yesterday (crazy north Texas weather) Lexi and I made a rainbow for St. Patty's Day (and because we LOVE rainbows!).  Today I pulled out blankets, books, and picked up succulents at Trader Joe's.  I made raspberry, lemon and mint water and put out mason jars + straws (we drink a lot more water if it has fresh fruit in it!).  And...tada...here is our cozy + bright lil' breakfast nook.  I think it is already becoming my happy place.  :)