11/12/12

happy 4th birthday party, sunshine!

I simply can't believe Alexi is now 4.  The years have flown by just as everyone warned us.  She is a kid...baby and toddler years are officially behind us.  Alexi is loved by so many and it showed this weekend at her party.  The house was filled with kids and adults who adore our child and that makes my heart happy.  If fact, I have tears in my eyes as I type this.  Unfortunately, Jason had to be in El Paso to work a freelance college football game for Lexi's party on Saturday.  Thankfully, he was able to return yesterday afternoon to spend her actual birthday with her.  On Friday, Grandma Mike and the Lee's drove to Dallas to help me with the party and to celebrate with Lexi.  On Friday night after dinner Aunt Kim began the cake making process.  She made a rainbow cake for the party and everyone helped!

The party started at 2:00 on Saturday.  We had a long sign that read, "Happy Birthday Lexi, We Love You!"  All the kids colored on it and colored on an umbrella for Lexi.  Once the coloring was over we headed outside for pictures and limbo.  The plan was for the kids to run through the sign, but the wind was so strong it tore the sign apart.  :(

After limbo, we headed inside for cake and presents.  Lexi received SO many nice gifts and we are so thankful!  Lexi said it was the best birthday EVER!!

I'm sad about the lack of photos.  Next year I'll take more pictures.  :)



No comments: