12/23/13

the sweetest girl i know...

On Friday, Lexi had her school Christmas program.  Mimi joined us and after the program Mimi took Lexi home with her for the weekend.  Every year Mimi and Paw Paw take Lexi to "Winter Wonderland" in Grapevine.  This was their third year to go!  Lexi loves this tradition with her Mimi and Paw Paw!! 

Lexi was at Mimi and Paw Paw's all weekend.  I got a lot of sleep and stuff done for Christmas.  Lexi told me that Friday night when she went to bed she sang, "You are my Sunshine" because she missed me.  She also said while she was watching "Punky Brewster" on daddy's ipad she looked at my bridal portrait and cried because she missed me.  She said she hid her tears from Paw Paw (Mimi was at the store).  Those stories broke. my. heart.  I know she had a blast over there and can't wait to go back, but she loves so much that it physically hurts when she is away from us...just like our hearts physically hurt when she is away from us.  Lexi is the sweetest girl I know.  :)

No comments: