4/14/14

how did i get so lucky?

I'm sitting at the computer drinking another cup of tea and I literally feel like my heart is going to explode.

I'm so honored to be Lexi's mom.

I know every mom thinks their child(ren) is (are) the best.  And, they should.  Lexi is loving, witty, a caregiver, smart, sweet, determined, passionate and so much more.

On the way to school this morning Lexi was wearing a purple headband with a flower on it.  She said she wished she had a plain black headband because she could picture me wearing that and she wants to be just like me.  Wow.  Why would someone want to be just like me?  I often have to remind myself that her love for me is unconditional, just like my love for her.  She looks up to me.  Wow again.  Some days I feel like I just clean and do laundry and "fail" as a mom.  Lexi might be a little bored on those days, but her ultimate goal in life is to be a mom.  She already sees it as a dream job.  And, it is.

No comments: