3/9/10

Sometimes I just have to soak it all in...

Tonight was one of those nights.  Jason is gone and Lexi has had a rough couple of days.  She is cutting teeth and she is hurting.  I, as a mom, want to take all the pain away.  She has thrown numerous fits, fought naps, and has just not been acting herself.  I have found myself in tears because I just don't know how to fix her pain. Tonight when I was putting Lexi to bed I did our nightly routine...I put my face to hers while rocking her and whispered all the wonderful things we did today.  I ended my talk like I always do, "May God Bless You And Keep You."  Right at, "You" Lexi practiced 'spitting.'  She loves when I 'spit' when I try to teach her to do so after we brush her teeth.  I guess she still had that on her mind...

Some days maybe more challenging than others, but each day I wake up with more to love.

No comments: