8/12/11

Go Team Lexi!

So today was the big day...potty training day 1.  Lexi did great!  Last night we told her we were putting on her very last diaper.  We were going to leave the diapers on the front porch for baby Nixon to pick up (the same baby who picked up her milk cups).  In exchange for the diapers, baby Nixon would leave a present on the door step.  This morning when Lexi got up she said she had to go potty, which she did.  Then, she picked out the underwear she wanted to wear for the day.  After the first potty, we went to the door and found the present baby Nixon left for her.  She was excited to open a little Mini Mouse with snap on clothes.  Throughout the day, I would ask her if she needed to go potty.  Sometimes she did when I asked and sometimes she said no.  There were even sometimes that she would tell me when she needed to go when I didn't ask.  She went ALL day without any accidents!  She even went both ways in the potty!!  Throughout the day we had different prizes for encouragement and to keep us occupied since we were stuck in the house all day.  We baked cookies, and played Candy Land (her big prize for going #2).  She loves the game and I absolutely love the fact she is able to play a board game!  I can't wait for family game nights!!  There is one thing I must admit though, I am a little sad we are done with diapers.  Lexi has no more "baby" left.  She is a big girl now.  For real.  She even said the other day, "I'm sorry.  I'm growing up too fast.  I have to slow down a little bit."  I am so proud of her.  I really can't believe how fast time is flying by.  She is amazing.

*The title, "Go Team Lexi" comes from how we (Jason, Lexi, and me) high five each other and say, "Go Team!"

No comments: