10/23/14

tgife

Yay for another Friday eve!!  This morning I woke up at 4 am and wasn't able to fall back asleep.  Jason took Lexi to school for me so I could "sleep" a little this morning.  I wasn't able to sleep, but I rested.  Jason got Lexi ready very quietly and they walked out the front door without me even hearing them.  I wasn't asleep, but since Jason thought I was he told Lexi that I wasn't able to re-braid her hair before school (I french braid it every night after bath and then re-braid it in the morning so it looks nice).  Well, when Jason got home from taking Lexi to school he told me she had big crocodile tears rolling down her face when he told her no.  I was thankful they let me rest, but I was sad I didn't get to say goodbye. 

So, since Lexi and I were both sad this morning I decided to surprise her at school today.  After the gym I picked up a pumpkin bread from Starbucks and brought it to her at lunch.  When I arrived in the lunchroom she was in the restroom washing her hands.  When she saw me she ran up to me and gave me the biggest and longest hug EVER!!  She was so delighted with the surprise and I was thrilled I had the idea to visit her.  She gave me several hugs and held my hand during our 30 minute visit.  While I was there I asked if she wanted me to re-braid her hair and she said no, but before lunch ended she changed her mind. 

I'm so happy it's almost the weekend!!  Tomorrow the elementary school has their harvest hoe down so I'll get to see her again during a school day!! 

*tgife insta pic. so happy it's time to snuggle and tomorrow is friday!!!!! 




No comments: