10/14/09

Wednesday with Words

I wanted to post a "Wordless Wednesday," but surprisingly enough I did not snap any photos of Alexi today. So, my post will be with words today. Lexi always makes me laugh, but here are a few stories that tickled me today:

1. She still puts everything in her mouth. I say, "Eh" to get her attention and hope she will not pick up the random thing on the floor and put it in her mouth. Today, she looked at me, put it in her mouth, crawled over to me, opened her mouth, and stuck out her tongue so I could get it out. Better than nothing I guess...

2. While running errands today, the car next to us had birds on the roof. Her eyes lit up, her jaw dropped, and then she started bouncing, waving, and yelling, "Hi" to the birds. Priceless.

3. This morning Jason picked up his work bag and Lexi started waving and saying, "Bye." She loves saying "Bye." I know tears will be here soon when Jason leaves for work. I also know it will break my heart and Jason's heart to see Lexi heartbroken.

4. During bath time tonight I was singing, "If Your Happy and You Know it..." and Lexi was clapping and splashing the water. I sang it about 5 times in a row and then stopped. She stopped playing, turned and looked at me, babbled a bit and clapped her hands. Once I started singing again she continued clapping and splashing the water. The girl has me trained.

Lexi lights up my world. Every. Single. Day.

No comments: