9/7/10

Look Whoo's In Preschool!

First day of preschool is over.  Wow.  That was hard.  It was hard to say goodbye to Lexi this morning.  She did okay saying goodbye.  She did better than me.  BIG TEARS in my eyes as we left.  Jason helped me get through it and the director of the school saw us in the hallway and hugged me again (she hugged me as I cried enrolling Lexi a few months ago).  My day was long and I was extremely pleased when 2:15 finally rolled around.  I was smiling ear to ear as I walked down the hallway to Lexi's classroom.  When I arrived at the door Lexi was sitting on Ms. Kim's lap.  Her eyes were red.  She ran to me yelling, "Mama, Mama, Mama!"  I picked her up, hugged and kissed her, and tried to explain that I will always be there to pick her up at the end of the day.  She just said (multiple times), "I go home." Ms. Kim and Ms. Sherry said Lexi had a rough day.  She enjoyed music class, but the rest of the day was tough for her.  She would do okay, but then realize she wanted Mom and Dad so she would start crying.  She didn't eat much lunch and she did not sleep.  I know Thursday will be even harder since she now knows we will leave her there for 5 hours.  The class did not get to go outside today because of the weather so hopefully Thursday will be nicer and they can play outside for a bit.  They will also go to fitness on Thursday which Lexi will enjoy.  Thursdays they also have Spanish class...I guess Jason and I will have to brush up on our Spanish too!  Oh, in Lexi's folder was her first school art project!  It is a "Doctor's Kit."  It is a folded piece of black construction paper and inside it has a band aid stuck to it, a q-tip, cotton ball, and tongue compressor glued on it.  It will proudly be displayed on the refrigerator...guess it is time to look for some OWL magnets!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Caleb said "There's Lexi" Then he hooted like an owl.