11/11/10

And I Thought I Loved You Then...

I heard a song on the radio this morning after I dropped Lexi off at school.  It was, "And I Thought I Loved You Then" by Brad Paisley.  Even though it is about a man falling in love with his wife, it still brought tears to my eyes because there are parallels between that love and with my love for Lexi.

Before I was pregnant I loved the child I would have one day.

During my pregnancy my stomach grew and with each passing day the love for the baby I was carrying grew too.

On November 11, 2008 at 7:04 PM I met the most precious child in the world, Alexi.  My heart was full.  My life was complete.  I loved her to the ultimate max.

Now two years later I realize how my heart is able to grow.  I thought I loved Lexi then.  Don't get me wrong, I did, but my heart had not reached maximum capacity like I thought it did.  I love her more today than I did yesterday and I know I will love her even more tomorrow than I did today even though today, it does not seem possible.










After school Lexi and I went to the park to feed the ducks.  She absolutely loved it!  Isn't her owl shirt adorable?  My childhood friend, Michelle made it especially for Lexi!  Thank you, Michelle! 




I asked Lexi if she wanted to go get Mexican food or have pizza for dinner.  She said, "Broccoli?"  I can't complain!  I didn't have any fresh broccoli so we had meatloaf, new potatoes, asparagus, apple and banana.  For her dessert she had a chocolate chip muffin.  Since Jason is out of town, she invited other guests to her birthday dinner.  Her dinner guests included Nine, Big Elmo, Little Elmo, Big Bird, Arm, and Owlie.

My life is complete and my heart is "full" of love.  Alexi Preston Walsh, I love you more than you will ever know.  Tomorrow I will love you even more.  You are truly a blessing.  Happy 2nd Birthday! 

No comments: