11/9/10

Lexi's World 2!

Lexi's World 2 Premiered Sunday, November 7th from 11 AM to 1 PM.  It was an awesome way to celebrate our soon to be 2 year old!  When brainstorming birthday party ideas I was constantly changing my mind.  Lexi loves so many different things.  I just couldn't decide what theme she would like best.  She loves Elmo, but doesn't really watch Sesame Street.  She loves to watch Barney, but frankly, I didn't want to host a Barney party.  She loves animals, but I didn't research how to get a petting zoo to come to the house...

One night after Jason and I put Lexi to bed we were having one of our conversations about the things we love about Lexi and all of her "corks." Jason said, "It is Lexi's world and we are just living in it."  There it was.  Jason was exactly right.  "Lexi's World."  The perfect "theme" for the party.  Lexi is exciting and eclectic.  That became my challenge (and obsession) to try and portray the true world of Lexi at her second birthday party.

The invitations:
The cupcakes were "Earths" and each cupcake had a different flag representing something Lexi is passionate about:

More decorations: 

The guest book:

The party favors included things Lexi loves (animal crackers, music shaker, crayons, fire truck bracelet, bubbles, and owl stickers): 

For entertainment, we had Lexi's music teacher, Nina.  Nina played her guitar, sang, danced, and was silly with all the kids (and parents too): 



Singing "Happy Birthday" to our baby girl brought tears to my eyes and put a smile in my heart: 

Lexi received many thoughtful and fun gifts.  We even were able to Skype with Aunt Kim, Uncle Jeff, Cooper, Jackson, and Brady:


It was fun.  It was exhausting.  The party started and after a blink it was over.  I guess I'll have to get used to time racing by with Lexi.  Time flies when you're having fun, right?  Well, every moment with Lexi is fun (okay, that is a bit of an understatement)!  

It is hard to believe the second birthday party is already over.  As Jason and I laid in bed that night reminiscing about the event I asked, "So what do you think we should do next year?"  He smirked and kissed me goodnight.  





No comments: