3/1/11

My Big Valentine

This blog is dedicated to Lexi.  It is an extension of her baby book.  I want to tell stories about her childhood for her to enjoy reading when she is older.  I want her to enjoy pictures and stories about who she was as a baby, toddler, and child.  I also want to share stories with her about Jason and myself and how she was raised.  I want her to know who her parents were as "young" adults.  The reason I am sharing this is because yesterday Jason once again made me tear up with happy tears.

I pray Lexi finds a husband like her father.  He is loving, nurturing, supportive, caring, a hard worker, dedicated, a gentleman, a family man, a man's man, a care giver, and most importantly, a man of his word.  Yesterday, Jason and I took the afternoon off together to celebrate our Valentine's Day and my birthday.  Mimi and Paw Paw came over to watch Lexi as we enjoyed lunch and a movie.  The thing that made me think about this blog post was just a simple gesture given by Jason.  As we were walking out of the theater, Jason walked out of our row first, stepped to the side, put his hand on my back, had me walk in front of him, and we walked out of the theater as he gently had his hand supporting me.  Jason has been doing this simple gesture and many others for 6 years.  I love them and I will always notice them.

When we got home from the movie I was surprised with Aunt Sarah, Uncle Daniel, and Aunt Kristi over to celebrate my birthday.  Jason put it together as a surprise.  He asked his parents to pick up bar-b-q at a local restaurant I have been wanting to try.  Actually, a few months ago I saw it on the news and I mentioned it to Jason...just once.  This was not significant birthday by any means.  I turned 33.  Even though it wasn't a "big" birthday, Jason still made it special.  Jason makes every day special.

For my sweet daughter, Alexi.  I hope you notice all the love your dad and I have for each other and all the love we have for you.  We want to surround you in love.  I promise to love you and love your father all the days of my life.  I pray you one day meet a man like your father who will love and adore you all the days of your life.  It is easy to say, "I love you."  Your dad and I say it all the time to each other and to you.  Please know, each time it is said it is truly meant.  If fact, if there were a word stronger than "love" we would certainly use that with each other and with you.  You mean the world to us and your dad means the world to me too.  I love you! Love, Mom

No comments: