3/26/11

Spring!

Spring has sprung and it is absolutely beautiful!  I started my 'spring cleaning' today.  I did not get much done since I had a two year old requesting that I dance instead.  I danced.  I put the cleaning on the back burner and I danced.  I also took Lexi to a nearby field for some spring pictures.  It is in my DNA to get aggravated if I can't finish a project, but I didn't let that happen today.  I recently did pictures for a friend with a 13 year old.  I used the song, "Let Them Be Little" by Billy Dean for the slideshow.  The lyrics say, "Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle." I realize Lexi will not want ME to dance with her one day.  I want to treasure these moments when she chooses me to hang out with.  I want to laugh with her, hold her hand, dance with her, let her sleep in the middle, and just be with her before she grows up.  The past 2.5 years have flown by and each day seems to go by faster than the day before.  I know in a blink of an eye we will be sending her to college.  I wish we could freeze time.  I wish we could rewind.  I wish she could just stay 'little' a tad bit longer.





No comments: