3/11/13

the flu. round two.

On Saturday morning Lexi and I did a little shopping in downtown McKinney.  It was a little chilly so we didn't stay long.  We stopped by the fabric store (yes, it is now one of my favorite places to shop) and Lexi asked me to hold her.  She was freezing.  Shaking, freezing.  I knew something was wrong.  We hopped in the car and went straight home.  When we got home I bundled Lexi up on the couch and took her temperature.  It was 100 point something.  Then, 101 point something.  I gave her Motrin.  Then, 102 point something.  And yes, then, 103.4.  I freaked.  I have NEVER seen a fever this high.  Never.  I put an extra layer of clothes on Lexi, grabbed my shoes and we headed to Acute Kids.  The nurse took her temperature and it was 103.9.  The department head doctor came in our room and said he thought she looked like she had the flu.  He ordered a flu test.  The test was negative.  The doctor explained how the test would probably be positive the next day so he prescribed Tamiflu.  We spent the rest of Saturday on the couch.  We pulled out all the blankets and put on a movie.  Lexi fell asleep for the night about 10 PM and Jason got home from a road trip at 3:15 AM.  We all snuggled on the couch.  The rest of Saturday and Sunday Lexi had a fever between 100 and 101 with Motrin, but last night about 10 PM her fever BROKE!!  Thank God!!  I'm seriously ready to turn in this cold and flu season!!  I wonder if she needs two flu shots next year??

No comments: