5/13/13

mother's day weekend

Lexi spent the night at Mimi and Paw Paw's on Saturday night.  Jason and I went to eat sushi and then came back to the hotel apartment and had wine by the pool.  It was so relaxing and no one was out there!  When we came home we rented a movie and then practiced our country dancing in the living room.  :)

On Sunday, Mimi brought Lexi home and our cousin Lindsey came over too.  We had a light lunch and chatted a ton!  After everyone left Lexi and Jason gave me my Mother's Day gifts.  I received two very sweet cards and Anthro clothes!  I loved all of the clothes, but I needed to exchange the pants for a smaller size and the dress they gave me was cute, just not very flattering on me.  When Lexi talked to Grandma Mike on the phone, she told her they got me some clothes, but I am taking them back because they weren't really comfortable!  We all headed to Anthropologie (my happy place) and I exchanged the clothes.  After Anthro we sat on the patio at Mellow Mushroom and had a delicious dinner. 

I am so incredibly blessed to be the mother of Alexi.  She lights up my world.  She is so spunky and passionate about everything.  Sometimes I truly feel my heart is about to burst out of my chest with love for her.  Thank you, God for choosing me to be her mom.  I cannot express my gratitude for this precious gift. 

We are also so incredibly blessed to have our mothers.  Rose Ann raised the most sincere, genuine, nurturing, and loving man.  My mom taught me how to love unconditionally.  I'm so blessed to be a daughter, daughter-in-law, and to have a daughter of my own.

No comments: