7/2/13

arms for holding

Last week Lexi came out of her room while Jason and I were watching TV on the couch.  With a sad face she whispered, "When I am in Heaven can I do anything I want?"  I replied, "Yes, of course."  Lexi asked, "So I can hug and kiss you whenever I want?"  My heart sank and my eyes filled with tears.  I walked her back to her room and she asked, "Is Gigi an angel?"  I said, "I think so."  She then asked if she will be an angel too.  I told her I thought she will be as well.  Lexi replied, "I don't want to be an angel because angels have wings and I can hug you tighter with arms."  We sat on her bed and talked for a long time about Heaven, angels, prayer, and God.  We squeezed tightly and I scooped her up and brought her into our bed.  I am always in awe of Lexi's passion about God and Heaven at such a young age.  She is my little angel.

No comments: