7/15/13

a rainbow after the storm

I have mentioned before this blog is an elaborate extension of Lexi's baby book.  I always write about the blissful or funny times.  Today I choose otherwise...

Lexi and I went to Michelle's house this morning at 10 AM.  It is a beautiful July day (high of 75) so I stopped for a latte on the way.  We sang and laughed together on the way there.  Lexi and Addie played well together and Emmie was of course as sweet as could be.  Michelle and I chatted while the girls played outside.  It was incredibly awesome to get some adult convo in during the middle of a play date!

Sounds perfect, right?

Not so much.  Lexi threw one of her biggest fits ever.  She didn't want to leave before lunch like I had planned, nor did she want to leave after we ended up having a great lunch on the patio.  Lexi screamed.  She cried. She didn't listen or obey.  She used an angry voice and tested my patience.

We didn't talk much on the way home.  She asked for the music to be turned up and I said, "no."  Once we got home she was sent straight to her room for "quiet time."  She has been in her room for 30 minutes now.  I am enjoying the peace and quiet on the couch, but honesty, I am missing her.  I am praying she is getting some rest to turn her attitude around.

I am writing this because I know Lexi will read this one day and I want her to know that no matter what, I will always love her.  I will always look forward to seeing a rainbow after the storm.  My love is unconditional.  Life is challenging and not always perfect, but my heart is full because of her and I will continue to pray for patience for myself.  There is a rainbow forming now...I can see it and I can't wait until "quiet time" is over.  I'm ready to "restart" this day with a hug.  I think she needs it as much as I do. 


No comments: