3/12/09

One Year Ago...

One year ago today Jason and I officially found out from the doctor that we were pregnant. We had 6 positive home pregnancy tests before the doctor's confirmation so we had a pretty good idea, but we were so relieved once we heard it from the doctor. On March 12, 2008 Jason and I went to the doctor at 8:00 am to have my blood drawn. We were told I would get a phone call about 1:00 pm with the results of the blood test. Jason had to go to work and I had to student teach so I left my cell phone in the car. After school, I rushed home to meet Jason so we could listen to the voice mail together. We stood in the kitchen (in front of the dishwasher) and listened to the voice mail on speaker phone. The nurse said, "Your HCG level needs to be over 25 and your level is 250. Congratulations Kelly, you are pregnant." Jason and I hugged, kissed, cried, and fell in love with our little peanut.

Today Lexi and I were listening to the "Alexi" playlist on my IPod. Lexi and I danced around the living room and kitchen and when I reached the dishwasher spot with Lexi in my arms I remembered the date and the moment Jason and I shared together in the exact spot one year ago. I stopped and told Lexi the story, kissed her non stop, and just held her close.

I will never forget the moment Jason and I shared when we officially found out we were going to be parents. It is everything and so much more than I ever imagined. Alexi is a gift from God and I am so thankful He chose us to be her parents.

No comments: