3/16/12

Days 20 & 21

Day 20: Thankful for people who have integrity.  Last night I had dinner with a good friend.  We have not seen each other in 2.5 years.  She moved to San Antonio once she graduated with her PhD.  She teaches graduate classes at UTSA.  She is the type of friend who will never change.  She will always be sincere, caring, loving, and just a good friend.  She is not influenced by others, is sensitive, always has a positive attitude, and treats everyone with respect.  I hope I am this type of friend too.  Lexi, please strive to be like this.  It is so important to have integrity.  Your dad and I will model this behavior for you to see and hopefully emulate when you are older.

Day 21: My girl.  When I was younger I always wanted children.  Specifically, I wanted boys.  I could not really see myself with a girl.  Frankly, I was a bit scared of having a girl.  I was scared of my daughter growing up and hating me.  Now that I have a girl, I could not picture anything else.  God knew what he was doing when He gave me a girl.  Lexi is so girly-girl and I love it!  She sings, dances, cares about shoes and clothes, etc.  More importantly though, she has a loving and nurturing heart.  I can already tell she is going to be such a great mom when she is older.  I promise to continue to love, nurture, support, encourage, and talk to Lexi as she ages.  My goal is for us to turn into best friends when she is an adult.  We are already two peas in a pod, so as Lexi continues to age, I pray our love and friendship continues to grow.

No comments: