Skip to main content

haircut

Lexi had a major haircut on Friday.  While Michelle and I had the girls at the mall we talked about how long their hair is getting and how hard it is to work through tangles.  We decided it was time for both girls to get a fresh look...

We took the girls to JCPenney.  Addie received an adorable new look and Lexi received a botched up mess.  I asked the stylist to fix it, but instead he made it worse.  We left with a refund.

So, we headed straight to Tony & Guy down the hallway in the mall.  A sweet stylist helped us out and fixed Lexi's hair.  She made it look great and she didn't even charge us!  She was so kind and gentle with me and Lexi.

Lexi and Addie bounced around after their haircuts.  Once we got home, it was a different story.  Lexi cried about her hair being gone.  She said things like, "I'm mad at my hair."  "This hair is NOT beautiful or gorgeous!"  "Mom, I guess I'm not having a great hair day.  I want my hair back."  She stood in the closet looking the mirror while crying and used one of Jason's shirts to wipe her tears.  This went on for a few hours.  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...I did a little bit of both.  Lexi truly was sad about her long hair being gone and I'm the one who decided to get it cut off.  It needed to be cut because it was so stringy, but I should have prepared her more for what was going to happen with her hair. Lesson learned for me. Hopefully Lexi's hair grows fast.  And no matter what, Lexi is beautiful because she has the most beautiful heart.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8

Sometimes when life seems hard, sad, or stressful, I like to just stop for a moment and find something happy or peaceful. This evening, Lexi and I were driving home and we noticed the beautiful sunset. I stopped so we could take a picture on my phone. When I look at the sky and it looks like this, it makes me think of the loved ones we have lost and are now in Heaven. Instead of feeling sadness, I feel comfort they are in their forever home in the arms of Jesus. I'm thankful to have to ability to remember and the faith to feel comfort. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Day 12

Today I am thankful for Apple.  Apple makes great technology.  Jason has been in Canada for almost a week and because of our iPads we were able to facetime with him!  Lexi gets a little shy when the conversation begins, but she quickly warms up and loves to talk and kiss him.  We love and miss him so much when he is traveling.  We are looking forward to the summer when he is home with us for a couple of months straight!!

kindergarten boxcar parade

Well, everyone was healthy until Lexi got the flu and I got pneumonia.  Needless to say, it's been a rough week...BUT, we are better again and for the most part back to normal.  Jason, Lexi and I all worked together on this and we think it turned out great!  All the boxcars were unique and wonderful!  The parade was wonderful...it should have been televised!!