Skip to main content

Lent ~ 40 days of blessings

This year for Lent I decided to spend 40 days focusing on our blessings. To do this, I am going to write our blessings on our family blog for Lent.  These will not be an any particular order.  I will just write what I am feeling at the time that I sit at the computer.  :)

Day 1 (Ash Wednesday): I feel extremely blessed to have a knowledgeable, kind, caring, and proactive doctor for Lexi. She comforted me and Lexi and prescribed the perfect medications for Lexi to overcome pneumonia.

*I originally wrote this post this morning.  At 5:00 today a nurse from the doctor's office called to check on Lexi!

Day 2: This morning I am counting my blessings and I am thankful for the feeling of comfort.  While Lexi has been sick the only thing that I can really do to make her feel better is to comfort her.  For several days now Lexi has been sleeping on my chest.  I wish and pray that I could take her fever and cough away, but since I can't, all I can do is comfort her when she is feeling bad.  I know she feels loved when she is held.  When she sleeps on me she is actually comforting me too.  It makes me feel loved as well.  I am blessed beyond belief to be able to hold her in my arms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8

Sometimes when life seems hard, sad, or stressful, I like to just stop for a moment and find something happy or peaceful. This evening, Lexi and I were driving home and we noticed the beautiful sunset. I stopped so we could take a picture on my phone. When I look at the sky and it looks like this, it makes me think of the loved ones we have lost and are now in Heaven. Instead of feeling sadness, I feel comfort they are in their forever home in the arms of Jesus. I'm thankful to have to ability to remember and the faith to feel comfort. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Day 12

Today I am thankful for Apple.  Apple makes great technology.  Jason has been in Canada for almost a week and because of our iPads we were able to facetime with him!  Lexi gets a little shy when the conversation begins, but she quickly warms up and loves to talk and kiss him.  We love and miss him so much when he is traveling.  We are looking forward to the summer when he is home with us for a couple of months straight!!

kindergarten boxcar parade

Well, everyone was healthy until Lexi got the flu and I got pneumonia.  Needless to say, it's been a rough week...BUT, we are better again and for the most part back to normal.  Jason, Lexi and I all worked together on this and we think it turned out great!  All the boxcars were unique and wonderful!  The parade was wonderful...it should have been televised!!