2/23/12

Lent ~ 40 days of blessings

This year for Lent I decided to spend 40 days focusing on our blessings. To do this, I am going to write our blessings on our family blog for Lent.  These will not be an any particular order.  I will just write what I am feeling at the time that I sit at the computer.  :)

Day 1 (Ash Wednesday): I feel extremely blessed to have a knowledgeable, kind, caring, and proactive doctor for Lexi. She comforted me and Lexi and prescribed the perfect medications for Lexi to overcome pneumonia.

*I originally wrote this post this morning.  At 5:00 today a nurse from the doctor's office called to check on Lexi!

Day 2: This morning I am counting my blessings and I am thankful for the feeling of comfort.  While Lexi has been sick the only thing that I can really do to make her feel better is to comfort her.  For several days now Lexi has been sleeping on my chest.  I wish and pray that I could take her fever and cough away, but since I can't, all I can do is comfort her when she is feeling bad.  I know she feels loved when she is held.  When she sleeps on me she is actually comforting me too.  It makes me feel loved as well.  I am blessed beyond belief to be able to hold her in my arms.

No comments: