1/2/13

a heavenly christmas

I was worried about this Christmas because it was our first one without GiGi.  Leading up to Christmas I often felt sad she wouldn't be with us this year.  When I think about Christmas on the Hodges side, I immediately think of Grandma in her chair, opening a lot of chocolate, smiling, kissing, and tears in her eyes.  While thinking about all of this, I remembered what she said in the hospital bed when she saw her first Angel.  She pointed to Heaven and said it looked like "Christmas."  If everyday in Heaven looks like Christmas, I bet the day of Jesus' birth is beyond spectacular, to say the least.  I'm sure GiGi's eyes were filled with tears of happiness this Christmas because she got to spend the day with our King.  We certainly missed GiGi, but we know where she is and we often talk about her dancing in Heaven.  THAT makes my eyes fill with tears of happiness for her.  I know she had the most magical Christmas ever this year.  Merry Heavenly Christmas, GiGi.  

No comments: